Here at Bel, we enforce the protection of your personal data through technical security measures and internal management procedures, as well as various physical security measures.
We understand the importance of your personal data, thus we make every possible effort to protect the data that you share with us, and we would like to inform you regarding the way we collect, use and share your data. The collection, use, and sharing of your data from our end is based either on your consent or the applicable legislation.
The present policy framework is valid for the present website www.bel.gr, for every online application, every online and offline promotion actions of Bel Information Systems.
Which Information we collect
- Information you provide directly
- If you fill in a web or other electronic or print form (for example a demo request, a free trial or an interest form amongst others), we are likely to ask your personal details.
- If you participate in any online or offline contests or promotional actions, we are likely to ask your name, contact information, e-mail address, your age and sex, your personal and professional interests, other personal features and your opinion for our products and/or our services.
- Information regarding the use of the Services
For example, we might collect:
- Information such as MAC address, IP address, version of the operating system, and other statistical data.
- Connection information – like the time and duration of Service use and other likely information that can be stored in cookies.
- Information collected from third parties
It is possible that we receive information about you through public and commercially-available sources (in accordance with the legislation), which we are likely to combine with other information we receive from you. We are also likely to receive information about you through third-party social networking services when you opt to connect with these services. More specifically, we may receive information that you have published and/or consented to from the following companies:
- Other Information we collect
We may also collect other information about you, your device or the use of services in ways we describe at the collection point or otherwise with your consent. You may choose not to provide us with certain types of information, but if you do, it may affect your ability to use certain Services.
More information about our policy on cookies can be found here.
By registering your email in our newsletter recipients list, you explicitly provide to Bel Information Systems, your consent to register and hold your personal details and receive in your email address newsletters about our news, offers, and services.
Your email will only be used by Bel and will not be disclosed to third parties even if the newsletter relates to products and/or services of third parties and/or affiliates with which Bel maintains commercial cooperation.
With the submission of your email, you will receive an automated email, with which you will be informed that you have given your consent to send this newsletter.
Your consent statement will be respected for as long as you receive the newsletter from Bel and, in any case, no more than six months after opting out. You can withdraw your consent at any time by following the link that you will find at the footer of each newsletter.
You have the right to access, correct, delete, transfer, limit the processing, oppose/withdraw your consent, by informing Bel at the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
For any questions regarding the processing of your personal data and the exercise of your rights, you may contact us.
How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect, for the following purposes:
- To sign you up to this website or a Service.
- To provide a service or function you have requested.
- To provide customized content and suggestions based on your earlier activities and use of our Services.
- To create advertisements, such as customized advertisements and sponsored content, and for sending you promotional updates.
- To meet our obligations under any contract with you and for providing services within the framework of this contract.
- To evaluate and analyze our market, customers, products, and services (such as when we ask for your opinion on our products and services, and when conducting customer surveys).
- To understand how users use our Services in order to improve and develop new products and services.
- To provide support services to the Software and the Services we provide under our mutual contract.
- To provide an account code and password for free trial use of certain services.
- To provide access to platforms, e-learning and remote access applications.
- To update you about upgrades, special offers, new features and other new services.
- To conduct tenders or offers in accordance with the law and for any other use following your explicit consent.
To whom do we share your information?
We will not share your information with third parties for their own independent business purposes or marketing purposes without your consent. However, we may disclose your information to the following entities:
- Business associates – Dealers – Bel’s certified resellers. The entities in question are likely to use your information in order to provide the services you requested, to offer services or technical support, related to Bel’s software and Services.
- Service Providers and/or every third party that might perform the processing on our behalf. It is also likely that we share your information with companies that provide services for us or on our behalf, such as companies that send emails on our behalf.
- Other third parties as required by law or when we are forced to protect our Services. There will likely be circumstances under which we have to share your data with other third parties in order to comply with the legislation or to respond to a mandatory legal procedure (such as a search warrant or other legal court order), and/or to confirm or apply our conformity with the policies that govern our Services and protect the rights, the property or security of the company or any other associated company, business partner or client of ours.
What we do to keep your data safe
We have taken reasonable, physical and technical means to protect the information we collect. You can find more information about our Corporate Security Policy here.
Access to your information
According to the legislation, you are entitled to request details of the information we collect and to correct inaccuracies of this information. Any further legitimate user rights remain unaffected. We may refuse to proceed with requests that are unreasonably repeated, require disproportionate technical effort, jeopardize the privacy of others, are extremely impractical or involve access not otherwise required by domestic law. If you would like to request access to your information, please refer to the “Contact” section.
We take reasonable steps to ensure that your information is retained only for as long as necessary, for the purpose for which it is collected, or for as long as required by contract or under any applicable law. In any case, the data remains in our electronic database for at least 60 months and is deleted or renewed upon your request.